Getting ready with the mobile payment wares between Apple Pay, Google Wallet, and newcommer “CurrentC”. Also new FitBit, MADD “beer”, space stuff, and more!
Video and Film:
- X-Men: Days of Future Past
- Juan of the Dead
- Edge of Tomorrow
- Steven Spielberg Director’s Collection (Jaws / E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial / Jurassic Park / The Lost World: Jurassic Park / Duel / The Sugarland Express / 1941 / Always)
- Married to the Mob
- Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
- Duck You Sucker aka A Fistful of Dynamite
- Raw Force
- Billion Dollar Brain (Michael Caine)
- Bronson Triple Threat (Death Wish 2-4)
- Island of Dr. Moreau (Burt Lancaster, Michael York)
- My Darling Clementine
- Yankee Doodle Dandy (blu)
Title of the Week
- The Nostril Picker – “He chose his weapons… He selected his victims… He picked his nose…”
MADD Virgin Craft Brewed Lager
(Alcohol Free, tastes like Wheat Chex)
Clown Shoes Clementine White Ale
Comic of the Week: Oglaf
Let the Mobile Payment Wars Start!
Thursday Apple is expected to announce ‘Apple Pay’ is ready for realtime. Meanwhile the MCX (Merchant Customer Exchange) is beta testing their app CurrentC. Will Google Wallet get to be a player too? (Gigaoam)
Things will be announced this week!
Google is expected to announce the Nexus 6 phone, Nexus 9 tablet, & the new Android L OS. Possibly by Wednesday to beat…
The Apple announcement on Thursday, expect iPad updates, Mac updates, and possibly the release of the next version of OS X as well as Apple Pay. (Gotta Be Mobile)
Fitbit! the Force will finally be replaced by the Charge
Melissa bought an iPhone 6
via Phil Plait we have last week’s lunar eclipse as seen from the MESSENGER probe which is orbiting Mercury. (Slate)
After two years in orbit… the USAF space drone is finally coming back!
So for the last 22 months the USAF X-37B orbiter (like a mini space shuttle, about 30 feet long) is finally coming home… no clue as to it’s actual mission, why it was up so long, and what alien tech is it bringing back. General guess it was probably doing some spying/testing of surveillance equipment and also testing components for longevity, etc. But since it is a classified mission, who knows…. (The Daily Beast)
- Melissa: PowerPoint Karaoke at Nerd Thursday at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts, 10/30
- Paul: Inside the Beijing Planning Museum – Trey Radcliff explains the shot set up, etc, but it looks like such a neat place.
- Fes: Wizard of Oz Kickstarter with new art by Evan Dahm
The Geek Life is an affiliate of the WCBN.