“SEO Keywords? What Are You Talking About?”
This week we talk about Cosplayers “ruining conventions”, VATMOSS, what it may mean for independent artists selling overseas, Telstra blocking Google Lollipop updates, the Sony Pictures hack, and more!
- Melissa: Pinchgut Hollow Distillery Sour Ass West Virginia Rhubarb Moonshine
- Mike: Indeed Brewing’s “Old Friend” Holiday Ale
- Paul: my beer again… I’m boring.
- Fes: Schell’s Snowstorm: Grand Cru
Video and Film:
ReBoot Coming Back!
(Again (Yes, again, again (and they mean it this time (… again)))). Yes, so this is a ReBoot reboot reboot. (The Mary Sue)
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
- The Congress
- Batman 25th Anniversary Blu
- Gremlins 30th Anniversary Blu
- Natural Born Killers 20th Anniversary Blu
- The Missouri Breaks (Brando) (Blu)
- Ben Hur (William Wyler – Heston) (blu)
- The Green Mile (blu)
- Forrest Gump (Blu)
- Into the Woods (Broadway) (Blu)
- The Quatermass Xperiment (Blu)
- Time Bandits
- The Night Porter
- Safe (Todd Haynes – Julianne Moore)
- Dr Who Series 8
- Mork and Mindy: Complete Series
- The Jeffersons: Complete Series
- Mister Ed: Complete Series
- Sliders: Complete Series
Titles of the Week
- Aquarium 4K: The Amazing Blood Parrot Cichlid Aquarium (blu)
- You Can’t Kill Stephen King(It was a mistake to visit his lake!)(“A sense of humor, creepy twins, and hot girl-on-girl action!” says FearNet)
“One summer, a group of friends make a clueless and ill-fated decision to visit the lake where horror author Stephen King lives. Upon arrival, they are greeted by unfriendly townspeople who hate noise and tomfoolery almost as much as they hate uninvited guests and questions about their most famous resident. As dead bodies begin to mount, one thing becomes clear: the friends must piece together the clues and save themselves before their own Stephen King nightmare is written. “
Cosplayers are ruining cons
Waaaaaaaah! Waaaaaaaaaah! *sniffle* Booo hoooooo…. (The Mary Sue)
VATMOSS. What Is It? And Why Should Freelance Creatives Selling Online Be Very Concerned?
Basically… if you sell to the UK… even if you are not from the UK… you can be held internationally taxable for online, automated goods and services you offer. And yes, It’s all very simpl… CONFUSING!
Recurly PDF sorta explaining things, but BASICALLY, the way to avoid being taxed by the VAT/UK for you selling your “digital services”, you need to cut anything that automates it: VAT_WhitePaper_Top10
Comic of the Week:
Love Me Nice
Telstra blocks Android updates
Android phones on Telstra services in Australia… apparently can block the Lollipop update… for some reason. (Ausdroid)
Apple Anti-trust with iPod and iTunes
Apple’s iTunes has indeed been deleting music it deems as “illegally obtained”, from your playlist. (BGR.com)
Remember that Sony Pictures hack we mentioned last time….
Well it’s a tad worse than we thought…
North Korea denies doing it but calls it a “righteous deed”… Ton of personal info, salaries, SSNs, movie scripts, movies, dumped onto the net. Worst corp hack so far?
Midwest Fur Fest gets intentionally gassed.
Though news anchors lose their s— when they learn what furries are. (Morning Joe)
The Pirate Bay finally raided
(sad pirate, arrrrg)
The Geek Life is a Network Member of the WCBN.